468x74px Affiliate Banner

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Bright Side


Yet another snow day has graced itself in the Fayette County school district and while others may be pissed off, I'm trying to optimistic about it. Partly I'm lazy and I like snuggling in my bed, yes. Partly I'm terrified of my students and their lack of learning, yes. Partly my obsession with sleep is controlling my life, yes. But then I think about how I would feel if a student in my class was killed in a car wreck on their way to school, on their way to me. I would be devastated. The other students in our class would be devastated. And all for one more day in the pool in June...? I fully intend on hitting the door come pool time and heading straight to my pool. And ANYONE can join me. I promise. We even have a tiki bar ;) 

I grew up in a rural community though, so I'm accustomed to being out of school a lot and going to school in the summer. Shew, my high school didn't even have air-conditioning until I was a senior. Seriously. Plus, the windows were ghetto and we couldn't even open half of them. It was a freaking mess. I actually took showers at school after my AP Women's Fitness class. That is hard core. That is my version of the walked 5 miles to school in 10 feet of snow story. Suck it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment