468x74px Affiliate Banner

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Alka-Seltzer Overdose

Is it possible to overdose on Alka-Seltzer? I'm wondering not because I want this to happen, but rather because I want it not to happen. I chose Alka-Seltzer has one form of treatment not necessarily due to its hard hitting effects, but more specifically I like it's bubbly nature and the gritty taste. My papaw (dad's dad) was obsessed to say the least with Alka-Seltzer. He would drink at least one glass everyday. I honestly believe he thought it was the fountain of youth. And I would beg to taste it or sometimes even sneak when no one was watching. I love it when I can drink part of it while the tablets are still dissolving and the reaction tickles my mouth. Alas, just another strange obsession to add to my already cascading list.

Heard about this TV show on TLC about obsessions - My Strange Obsession - and although I haven't watched it personally I have heard quite a bit about it. Enough to make me want to DVR the rest of the season. For instance, one woman was obsessed with sleeping with her hairdryer and it turned on! Her husband left her b/c she would snuggle the hairdryer and not him. And she's even encouraged this behavior in her daughter. This all brings me to my point, which is what strange obsessions do I have...? So I began a laundry list.
  • I love sticking Q-tips in my ears once I'm out of the shower and I walk around the house with them sticking out like shrek ears. I even busted my eardrum this way a few months ago, since I ran into a door facing with the stinking Q-tips hanging out of my head. 
  • Dinosaurs. All things dinosaurs.
  • Garrison Keillor
  • Smelling Vick's Vapor Rub - I can't even keep it in the house.
  • Snuggling in my bed.
  • Fleur de flis
  • Zoos
  • Maryjane style shoes
  • Plaid
  • Worrying
  • Facebook stalking
This is a nano-list. Just to give you an idea.

Going to the UK game tonight with my mom. She is a psycho fan. Seriously. No exaggerating. She SCREAMS the entire game. And I know they can hear her on the floor. Sometimes I've hear her on TV. She cusses worse than anyone I've ever met. Taunts the refs. Coaches. WILD WOMAN. The last game her and I went to together Coach Cal was ejected from the game. So she starts screaming "What are ya gonna do refs, throw us all out??" I excluded the expletives. She also thinks she knows every fan in the house personally. Like the crazy guy that dances around and slides down the banister. She "knows" his whole life story. I told her she was full of shit and she says as serious as a heart attack, "Katie, the fans know". I am on the verge of pissing my pants the entire time I'm with her at these games. I love watching the game, don't get me wrong, but moreover I love watching her go.

New breakfast invention - cream cheese, nutella and toast. Brilliant!


No comments:

Post a Comment