468x74px Affiliate Banner

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let's Give'em Something to Blog About

So yes, it has been a VERY long while since I previously blogged and for that I am deeply ashamed. But I had a LOT going on people! I'll list and explain.

1) Standardized Testing Window for Public Schools - need I say more? Even though my little kiddos don't "really" take the state tests they do take plenty of school and district wide tests. Of these I am not a proponent, but I'm not in charge. It just seems like even though you teach your heart out all year long, that the stress hits you all at once.

2) A large chapter of my life as ended. That being my marriage that lasted 6 years and the whole relationship a total of 8 years. That's about all I'm going to say about that.

3) Photography has KICKED way up since April, which is heavenly!!! Weddings on Saturdays, almost every Saturday. Portraits, brides and babies, OH MY!! I couldn't be happier to be working with some truly inspiring photographer's this year - Kellie Carter and Clay Jackson. I think I have decided I like being the 2nd shooter as apposed to the main shooter. It seems more comfortable to me, it frees my mind for creativity and unique photo ops.

4) My best friend, Jennifer Casebolt, has gone through the IVF process again. I went to several Drs. appointments with her as her stand in spouse while Colin was at work. I took notes, asked questions and of course photoed. I think a few people thought we were having a baby together and I'm proud and overjoyed to report that no one said a negative word to us about it. :) PROGRESS!!!

5) Received some private and yet very powerful answered prayers. Just when you think you've all but given up...

Now for the upcoming events!

1) MOVING!!! From my small 3rd floor apartment to a house!!! YES!! No stairs for which to haul my equipment up and down. Also, no stairs for which to trip up and down either.

2) Community Education Photography Classes at EKU - they start soon and I hope I have tons of new pupils. I love teaching just about anything.

3) Maybe a vacation. The prayers are still out on this subject. EEK!!!


Today, I taught a private photo lesson in Richmond and I was on my way home on I-75 listening to the radio real loud and admiring the setting sun. It dawned on me that I really wanted to fine a place to photo the sunset. Thinking quickly and hastily I took a vicious right on exit 99 and sailed through the KY countryside to the Jean Farris Winery. By the time I got there the sun was a little low, but made for fun photos none-the-less. Texted my photo-friend Kellie and she was at a winery, too. Small world. 















2 comments:

  1. Looks like your figuring it all out! I'm now your newest follower! Thanks for sharing! Love the Jean Ferris pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper, THANKS for following. Basically, all I usually do it bitch is about life. I'm trying to switch to a more positive outlook...we will see how it goes. :) I'm cynical, I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete